Back at Work
>> Friday, May 29, 2009
This week was my first week back at work. Thankfully I have a very nice boss who let me come in part time this week. So, with the Memorial Day holiday I started back on Tuesday and worked through Thursday. I'll do the same schedule next week too. It is nice to sort of ease into things.
With me going back to work that means that Caroline started in daycare this week. She is in a daycare center on the first floor of my building. The room she is in is called Precious Moments (thus the sign here that they put up on Caroline's first day). Dropping her off is hard, but made much much easier by the fact that she is literally right downstairs.
Caroline seems to be doing well in the daycare. I went down once in the morning, once in the afternoon and spent lunch with her. She is usually playing up a storm when I go down there. Everyone has to take their shoes off before going into the room and wear little booties so that nothing gets tracked onto the floor. This means Caroline can lay right on the floor (her favorite place to hang out) and roll around to her little heart's content. Of course, now that she's figured out how to roll over she's mad that she can't move more!
She's now really swaddle free (our first attempt didn't go as well as hoped). She now has a lightweight sleep sack which helps. I don't think she gets as cold. Also, now that she can roll, even though I lay her on her back when I put her down, this is how I find her when I go check on her.
She prefers to hold onto the side of the crib or the mattress when she sleeps. (Or if she is on her back, to have a foot touching the side). Now when I put her down, no matter how tired she is, I'll hear her crying for a few minutes. Then I hear a light "thump". Then she stops crying. The thump is her rolling onto her belly and entering dream world all at the same time. Funny little girl!
She prefers to hold onto the side of the crib or the mattress when she sleeps. (Or if she is on her back, to have a foot touching the side). Now when I put her down, no matter how tired she is, I'll hear her crying for a few minutes. Then I hear a light "thump". Then she stops crying. The thump is her rolling onto her belly and entering dream world all at the same time. Funny little girl!
1 comments:
we have ourselves a thumper too. ;)
Post a Comment