Botanical Garden

>> Saturday, August 18, 2012

We made a family trip down to the Botanical Gardens (right by the Capitol) this morning. There are inside an outside portions. I had been inside during the winter but hadn't been to the outside gardens before. So we made the trek downtown. The inside jungle area has a very high ceiling, with a walkway near the top. So Caroline and I went around while Jack stayed with Anna. Caroline was particularly impressed with the large leaves on the tropical plants. We then went outside and enjoyed the rose garden on a particularly lovely day where it was only about 85 degrees out. Hooray for being able to be outside without needing a shower 2 minutes after you step outside!

(As an aside, Caroline does have eyes under that hair. She has decided that she is tired of bangs so we are growing them out. She's in the hard--I can't get them to stay back because they are too short but they are too long to see stage).

0 comments: